What can I expect when I go to Jodeco UMC?
If you have never attended Jodeco Road UMC before, this is your starting place. We want you to feel welcome and to experience a great time of worship and meet loving people who will welcome you into our Jodeco Road UMC Family. Here are some questions you might have before your first visit.
What can I expect on any given Sunday? How does everyone dress?
The overall dress of our congregation is "nice casual" but some people do dress up and that's OK, too. Dress for the service varies, with some folks wearing jeans and others wear "office" attire. No matter how you dress, our goal is to share the love of Jesus Christ with every person who walks into our church. We're glad to meet you no matter how you're dressed.
Where do I park? Where do I go?
We have a number of visitor parking spaces right in front of our building. You're our honored guests, and we want you to feel that way! You'll enter the main doors at the front of the building, and our greeters will welcome you.
Where do my children go for nursery or Sunday school?
Any child from birth to pre-Kindergarten goes into our nursery/pre-school area. Our nursery/pre-school area is on the left side or west wing as you enter the front door. Children in 1st through 5th grades and Youth in 6th - 12th grades also attend Sunday School in the west wing as well.
What time do I need to arrive on Sunday?
Depending on which activity you'd like to attend, the schedule is listed below. You should probably arrive 10-15 minutes ahead of time - we're very friendly and will want to meet you personally!
- Jodeco Java @ 9:00 a.m.: Come join us for coffee, juice, water, and a potluck of donuts, sweet rolls, bagels, etc. It is usually available until our Church service - first come, first served.
- Sunday School Classes for All Ages @9:30 a.m.: We host numerous groups for children and adults. The study patterns and subjects of the adult classes vary from class to class, so you'll definitely be able to find a group where you'll fit right in.
- Our Worship Service @ 10:30 a.m.: Our congregation loves it all - traditional and contemporary styles - so you don't have to choose. Our music is provided by our inspirational choir, our rousing Praise Band and our talented musicians. Entering the Sanctuary you will find warm smiles and friendly faces as we prepare to worship God through well-loved hymns as well as Christian contemporary favorite songs, responsive readings, prayers, Bible reading, and an uplifting Sermon. You can find audio files of past sermons on the Media page of this web site. There is a nursery available for your children if you so desire and anyone should be able to show you the way. There is also a breakout session of Children's Church during this service for children ages pre-K to third grade.
And on Sunday evenings:
- For Children - Journey @ 5:00 p.m.: a special program for children from 3-years-old to 5th grade, held every Sunday evening except in the summer vacation months. Your child will have fun learning Bible stories through games, play and projects with wonderful, kind leaders. They also regularly participate in Missions such as The Heifer Project, Soles for Souls, Food Pantry, Samaritan's Purse, and many more. Parents are welcome to stay or you may leave your child as long as the program leaders have your emergency contact information.
- For Youth - The VICE @ 5:00 p.m.: a fun-filled gathering for those in 6th - 12th grades.The youth gathering have Bible lessons, snacks, fellowship, and games. They also regularly attend youth retreats, undertake mission projects, perform skits, and MUCH, MUCH more.